Scholarships are available for music lessons based on merit. Awards are determined by audition.
Fall: Friday, September 18, 2015 by 5:00 PM
Winter: Friday, January 22, 2016 by 5:00 PM
Summer: Friday, May 20, 2016 by 5:00 PM
Students seeking a Music Lesson Merit Scholarship are required to:
- Be a current FSPA student enrolled in a full nine week term of music lessons. Applicants must have completed the previous full term of FSPA private lessons to qualify.
- Complete and return this application to the FSPA Office no later than 5:00 PM, for the current semester. Applications will NOT be accepted by fax. Summer Semester – May 22, 2015; Fall Semester – September 18, 2015; Winter Semester – January 22, 2016.
- Attend an audition. Auditions are scheduled for Tuesday, June 2, 2015; Friday, October 2 & Saturday, October 3, 2015; Saturday, February 6, 2016. Your audition should consist of a prepared portion of a solo. If you have previously performed a piece that was awarded a scholarship, you must select a new piece. Your 4 minute audition starts once you walk into the audition room and have been introduced to the Adjudicators. The Adjudicators may interrupt your piece at the 4 minute point.
- Auditions are required to be eligible for the scholarship. If you need a specific audition time (due to a school conflict), please note it at the bottom of this application. If possible, we will accommodate your request. You will be notified of your assigned audition time by E-MAIL. Please provide your e-mail address on this form.
- Scholarship awards are determined solely by the adjudicators at the time of the audition. Awards range from $40 - $846 (see pg. 2 for details). Award notification is by mail.
- Members of the Dort Honors String Quartet, FSPA Honors String Quartet or the Shand Honors Flute Quartet are ineligible to audition for a merit scholarship for fall & winter semesters.
Beginners and students with no previous experience are ineligible for this program.
There are no full paid scholarships.
You must register for and receive 9 lessons per term to be eligible.
Download an application form
The FSPA does not discriminate with regard to race, religion, height, weight, sex, marital status, familial status, creed, color, handicap, age or national origin. This program is made possible by the William & Adelaide Lane and the Charles B. Cumings Endowment Fund, the Virginia Tripp Memorial Scholarship (in memory of Dr. Martha Guenin), the Logan Michael Hale Memorial Scholarship Fund, the Colleen Gagne Hentgen Memorial Scholarship Fund, the Susan Fulcher Memorial Scholarship Fund, the Bruce H. Robart Memorial Scholarship and the Black Classical Origins Celebrating World Class Diversity Scholarship Fund.